No, I haven’t started blogging again. Merely just testing the Mailchimp RSS to Email functionality.
Here’s a link to something awesome.
Do you like pizza? Not just any pizza, but good pizza? Then you’re in luck, because DC has some of the best pizza around!
My Fiance and I have been to quite a few of the better pizza places around and I’ve come up with a little chart to rank them all.
Note – I like the classic Neapolitan pizza – like you get in Italy. I am not as big of a fan of the deep dish ones that come out of Chicago – though they aren’t bad. But keep this in mind when reading the rankings.
1. Il Canale – This pizza is absolutely sublime. And they’re pretty big too! This little place in Georgetown is absolutely fantastic. They recently earned the official certification of the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana, an organization dedicated to preserving authentic Neapolitan pizza-making traditions, as being genuine Neapolitan Pizza.
UPDATE 1A. Pupatella – Every bit as good as il Canale and 2Amys, but with a much more casual atmosphere. Plus, they’ve got killer Gelato!
2. 2Amys – The previous champ, and one of the only other places in DC with the official certification of the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana, they only reason they lose out to Il Canale is because the atmosphere can be a bit of a zoo sometimes. But make no mistake, this is fantastic pizza.
3. Red Rocks – This is the closest thing to the three above it. The thing that really separates the best pizza places from the rest is the way they do Margherita pizza. Go for the buffalo mozzarella. It’s worth it.
4. Pizzeria Paradiso* – Great pizzas – big enough to share. Very close to making it to the top level.
5. Rustico* – Also extremely good. A bit pricier than some of the others here, but delicious.
6. Matchbox – Cool atmosphere and good pizzas.
7. Fireworks* – Good pizzas. Not the Italian style I prefer, but still solid.
8. Pete’s New Haven Style Apizza – Huge pizzas with very nice ingredients. The New Haven Style is a bit different than the others on the list, but still good.
9. Lost Dog Cafe* – About 100 different pizzas (seriously) and sandwiches. Pretty darn good.
10. Joe’s Place Pizza & Pasta
12. Papa Johns
13. Pizza Hut
*I don’t drink, but I have been told that these ones have superb beer menus.
Anyhow, enjoy your pizza! There’s a few that I still want to try, so don’t hate if I don’t have your favorite on here.
Here’s a list of my five favorite albums that have come out in 2011. In no particular order:
Bon Iver – Bon Iver
The Civil Wars – Barton Hollow
James Vincent McMorrow – Early in the Morning
John Mark McMillan – Economy
Josh Garrels – Love & War & The Sea In Between
Andy Zipf – Jealous Hands
Florence & The Machine – Ceremonials
Foster the People – Torches
Katie Herzig – The Waking Sleep
Matt Kearney – Young Love
Just launched the newest version of this website! I’m excited about it for a few reasons:
If you check out the portfolio page, you’ll notice it bears a similarity to Pinterest. I thought that was a pretty cool effect that I was able to do via an awesome jQuery plugin by David Desandro called Masonry.
Let me know what you think!